11/2/09

Vegas, Baby!

Last year I spent Halloween in New York, which was crazy hectic and absolutely fascinating. There's nothing like roaming those city streets on Halloween night. It was as if there was this ginormous party and all you had to do was walk out your front door and you were invited.

This year I spent Halloween at home with friends and family, and though it wasn't as wild and crazy of a night, we had so much fun.



I originally wasn't going to dress up this year, but as the day went on I decided I couldn't resist. I went to my closet and started searching. I figured it would have to be something simple, since I didn't plan for it and I didn't have much time, but I also wanted it to be fun. I found this dress I bought last year with the tags still on it and thought, why not! As I put it on I immediately thought of this headband I made a few years ago with a little girl I babysit. I decided that the combination of the tiered dress and sequin headband would be totally flapper-esque.



It took a little persuading, but I finally got Taylor to agree to wear one of Robbie Knievel's vintage leather stunt suits that his dad collects. It fit him perfectly.

Obviously our costumes didn't exactly go together, but with some creative thinking we came up with a Vegas theme. He is a stunt man/entertainer and I'm a show girl/dancer. :P

11 comments:

  1. AWESOME Flapper Costume!! You look so adorable! (Taylor looks great in his costume too) I want your dress and shoes so bad!!

    So glad to hear you had such a fun Halloween. :)

    xoxo
    Amy

    thebargainhunterextraordinaire.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, I need that dress. You both look awesome - great last-minute costumes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. whoa.,.u looks so terrific with that awesome dress and lovely head band :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the comment! great look :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look awesome! You look dressed up but at the same time you keep being stylish.

    xoxo
    B* a la Moda

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE IT
    so awesome, so cute!
    thanks for sharing darling

    -cma
    check out my blog @
    cosmicaroline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You, two, look cute together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ya that's so perfect...i did the EXACT same thing...I had a cream fringe french connection dress that literally looks exactly the same as a flapper dress so I winged it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. you did the look perfectly! you look so great
    i love your blog and your style!

    -paige
    http://20somethingshopaholic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete